This page lists my posts on the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). RGGI is a cap and auction program in nine states – Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont – to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Allowances are auctioned and the investments are supposed to be invested in programs to reduce emissions.
I have been involved in the RGGI program process since its inception. Before retirement from a non-regulated generating company, I was actively analyzing air quality regulations that could affect company operations and was responsible for the emissions data used for compliance. As a result, I have a niche understanding of the information necessary to critique RGGI. The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the position of any of my previous employers or any other company I have been associated with, these comments are mine alone.
The following are my posts on RGGI. Note that I update the status of investment proceeds and allowance holdings regularly.
- Has the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Been Successful? February 18, 2017
- How Much Has the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Reduced CO2 Emissions? February 25, 2017
- How Much Has the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Reduced Other Pollutant Emissions? March 5, 2017
- RGGI Containment Reserves, April 30, 2017
- RGGI as the Electric Sector Compliance Tool to Achieve 2030 State Climate Targets, May 7, 2017
- RGGI Costs Relative to NYS Electric Supply Rate Requests July 14, 2017
- Academic RGGI Economic Theory of Allowance Management July 21, 2017
- Investment of RGGI Proceeds 2015, October 10, 2017
- My Comments on the September 2017 RGGI Meeting, October 20,2017
- RGGI 2016 Program Review Completion, December 24, 2017
- NYS RGGI Operating Plan Expectations vs. Reality, December 29, 2017
- NY RGGI Stakeholder Meeting February 2018, January 27, 2018
- RGGI Allowance Status March 2018, April 26, 2018
- Environmental Advocates of New York RGGI at a Crossroads Report, June 3, 2018
- Investment of RGGI Proceeds in 2016 October 23, 2018
- RGGI Emission and Allowance 2018 Status February 6, 2019
- RGGI in the Weeds, February 10, 2019
- New Jersey Re-Joins RGGI June 18, 2019