This page consolidates posts on implementation plan strategies for the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA). I have summarized the schedule, implementation components, and provide links to the legislation itself at CLCPA Summary Implementation Requirements. Section § 75-0103 in the CLCPA establishes the New York state Climate Action Council that is charged with developing a scoping plan to outline recommendations for attaining the targets of the law. In order to “provide recommendations to the council on specific topics, in its preparation of the scoping plan, and interim updates to the scoping plan, and in fulfilling the council’s ongoing duties”, the CAC (§ 75-0103, 7) “shall convene advisory panels requiring special expertise”. These panels have prepared the strategies described here to meet this mandate.
At the end of 2020 each panel presented their strategies to the Climate Action Council. The audio presentations and meeting power point slides are available at the CLCPA website. I extracted the presentations for each panel from the 24 November 2020 and 15 December 2020 meetings where these strategies were presented.
My posts on these strategies are listed below:
- CLCPA Implementation Strategies Overview December 28, 2020
- Comments on CCPA Transportation Advisory Panel Implementation Strategies January 6, 2021
- Comments on CLCPA Land Use Advisory Panel Strategies January 9, 2021
- CLCPA Energy-Intensive and Trade-Exposed Industries Advisory Panel Strategies Comments January 18, 2021
- CLCPA Agriculture and Forestry Advisory Panel Strategies Comments January 20, 2021
- CLCPA Energy Efficiency and Housing Advisory Panel Strategy Comments January 21, 2021
- CLCPA Power Generation Advisory Panel Strategies Comment January 22, 2021
- Energy Efficiency and Housing Advisory Panel Initial Recommendations February 5, 2021
- CLCPA Generation Advisory Panel Draft Enabling Initiatives March 21, 2021