I don’t think a lot of people realize that upon completion of their degree meteorologists tend to gravitate to a specific niche area of expertise. Not all meteorologists are TV weather forecasters! In fact, not all meteorologists go into weather forecasting. In my case I did my thesis work on atmospheric nutrient loading which lead to work with a consulting company that did air quality research for EPA. After working for a couple of other air quality consulting companies I went to work for Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation as the in-house meteorologist in general and the air quality meteorologist in particular. These posts address various aspects of air quality issues.
- Scott Pruitt Nomination and EPA Approach to Interstate Transport Ozone Attainment January 27, 2017 (Cross Post at Climate Etc.)
- The Limits of Cap and Trade July 5, 2017
- Pragmatic Earth Day Success Story, April 23, 2018
- NYS Air Pollution Emission Status Summary, August 2, 2018
- NYS Air Pollution Concentration Trends, September 24, 2018
- Abuse of Air Quality Trends Data October 31, 2019
- Encouraging COVID-19 Information for New York March 29, 2020